Westminster’s Family Services Department is rated outstanding by OFSTED.
Our traded services can offer you:
• A bespoke and flexible early help service tailored to meet the needs of your school, or cluster, with staff able to advise about risk management, support the implementation of your whole school approach to attendance and provide home school support to list a few.
• Traded services will link seamlessly with the core offer and ensure access to our family services database.
• Innovative change work with families using our systemic approach. All staff will have undertaken or be undertaking Year 1 of an accredited Family Therapy training so the service will be delivered by a systemically trained member of staff who will be supervised within the Early Help Service.
• Staff are well supervised within an agreed Bi-borough framework, which ensures that safeguarding a child’s welfare is always paramount.
• Staff have a good knowledge of and links to local services including those in neighbouring boroughs and access to a wide range of Bi-Borough expertise and resources.
School Safeguarding Training
The Safeguarding and Child Protection Lead for Schools and Education in The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster City Council is located within the Safeguarding Team, managed by the Head of Safeguarding Review and Quality Assurance, Children's Services.
Key features of the Safeguarding Lead for schools are:
• To establish and maintain a strong effective working relationship with schools as key partners in contributing to safeguarding children and young people through an ability to understand the context and culture of individual schools.
• To provide advice, guidance and support to enable schools to meet their safeguarding and child protection responsibilities in line with relevant legislation, national statutory guidance from the Department of Education and Ofsted and recognised good practice.
• To act as a bridge between safeguarding, schools and education services within the Local Authority and the wider network including the interface with the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board and local safeguarding partnerships in the two Local Authorities.
The Tri-borough Music Hub
The Tri-borough Music Hub (TBMH) offer to all state-maintained schools (including Free schools and Academies)
Bi-Borough Schools HR Service
The Shared Legal Services provide legal advice to internal departments within the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster City Council. We are able to provide legal advice to maintained schools and academies across the Bi-borough.
We have a number of dedicated legal teams within our services to assist you. Our teams of knowledgeable and experienced Local Authority Solicitors can assist you with enquiries such as contracts and procurement enquiries, property, some education enquiries (to include establishing and/or closing schools, exclusion appeals, governance queries), as well as employment advice. We also provide litigation advice if issues arise with parental disputes in schools.
In addition, we have a very experienced team of legal staff who deal with Children and Adult Social Care related legal issues.
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.