The Safeguarding and Child Protection Lead for Schools and Education in The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster City Council is located within the Safeguarding Team, managed by the Head of Safeguarding Review and Quality Assurance, Children's Services.
Key features of the Safeguarding Lead for schools are:
• To establish and maintain a strong effective working relationship with schools as key partners in contributing to safeguarding children and young people through an ability to understand the context and culture of individual schools.
• To provide advice, guidance and support to enable schools to meet their safeguarding and child protection responsibilities in line with relevant legislation, national statutory guidance from the Department of Education and Ofsted and recognised good practice.
• To act as a bridge between safeguarding, schools and education services within the Local Authority and the wider network including the interface with the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board and local safeguarding partnerships in the two Local Authorities.
Pupil Support Service
The IST will work collaboratively with the SENCO, classroom teachers and other agencies to ensure the needs of the pupil are met
Early Help - Kensington and Chelsea
Early Help has delivered support to families in the borough for a number of years. Ofsted described the Early Help service as ‘exemplary’ as part of the wider Ofsted inspection that rated Kensington and Chelsea's Children’s Services as Outstanding in 2017. Our practitioners are trained in evidence-based Systemic Family Therapy, have access to ongoing training for supporting change in families and are fully integrated into the wider Children’s Services network in the borough.
As such our practitioners have excellent local knowledge, great partnership working with local services, full access to social work case files so they are able to understand the history and context of families if they have been known to Children’s Services in the past. This means we are in an excellent position to offer children and families coordinated support to ensure improvement in outcomes for the family.
Early Help - Westminster
Westminster’s Family Services Department is rated outstanding by OFSTED.
Our traded services can offer you:
• A bespoke and flexible early help service tailored to meet the needs of your school, or cluster, with staff able to advise about risk management, support the implementation of your whole school approach to attendance and provide home school support to list a few.
• Traded services will link seamlessly with the core offer and ensure access to our family services database.
• Innovative change work with families using our systemic approach. All staff will have undertaken or be undertaking Year 1 of an accredited Family Therapy training so the service will be delivered by a systemically trained member of staff who will be supervised within the Early Help Service.
• Staff are well supervised within an agreed Bi-borough framework, which ensures that safeguarding a child’s welfare is always paramount.
• Staff have a good knowledge of and links to local services including those in neighbouring boroughs and access to a wide range of Bi-Borough expertise and resources.
The Schools Data Team provides a high quality and cost-effective research and statistics service to schools in Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster. The team is made up of experienced data analysts with expertise and in-depth knowledge of both boroughs. The team manages the analysis and benchmarking of all types of school data, including attainment, attendance and exclusions, as well as pupil characteristics information from the school census. The team is also experienced in providing comprehensive local demographic profiling.
The team is skilled in both qualitative and quantitative research methods and not only has extensive experience of data analysis and interpretation but is also able to provide a range of services to your own specifications. This can include pupil tracking, evaluating improvement initiatives and designing questionnaires. The team also delivers training in the effective understanding and use of data provided by the DfE, Ofsted and FFT, as well as training in the understanding and use of data generated in-house.
The team also provides spatial analysis and can generate maps to your own individual needs using the latest GIS mapping software. In 2016/17 we reviewed and greatly enhanced both the design and content of the Annual School Profiles and have received excellent feedback on this new format from our schools. The School Profile is included in the School Improvement SLA. For schools that have not bought into the School Improvement SLA, they can purchase their Annual School Profile separately. As ever, we are working hard to innovate our service and build on our working relationships across both boroughs. We welcome feedback on our services and look forward to working with you over the coming year.
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.