The Bi-borough Education Service is pleased to offer a portfolio of traded services for the academic year 2019-2020 for all schools in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster City Council.
These include long-standing offers, such as the School Improvement, NQT and Educational Psychology traded services. Some services continue to be tri-borough, such as the Tri-borough Music Hub which also provides services to schools in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
Newly Qualified Teachers
Maintained schools have a duty to provide an induction for all Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) during the first year of teaching and should support induction for any NQT employed in a school for a minimum of one term (where this is known in advance).
NQT induction must include:
- a 10% reduction in teaching time for the purposes of professional development (in addition to 10% timetable reduction for Planning, Preparation and Assessment work)
- regular support and mentoring from the school’s NQT coordinator, or designated NQT tutor
- regular observation and feedback about the quality of teaching in relation to the Teachers’ Standards
- provision of an appropriate, individualised professional development programme with related work plan, including reasonable targets set.
The School Admissions and Access to Education Team works across City of Westminster and Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and offers advice and assistance to parents, carers and schools about all aspects of school admissions, including:
•admissions to the reception class for primary schools and the transfer to secondary school admissions process as part of the Pan London Coordinated Admission System;
•admissions to schools for in-year admissions, for families who have just moved into the area or wish to transfer school for any other reason;
•applications for assistance with home to school travelling expenses for 5 to 16 year olds.
SEND Training - Bi-Borough Training and Outreach Service
We are a centre of excellence for the delivery of dynamic and creative special education training
School Safeguarding Training
The Safeguarding and Child Protection Lead for Schools and Education in The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster City Council is located within the Safeguarding Team, managed by the Head of Safeguarding Review and Quality Assurance, Children's Services.
Key features of the Safeguarding Lead for schools are:
• To establish and maintain a strong effective working relationship with schools as key partners in contributing to safeguarding children and young people through an ability to understand the context and culture of individual schools.
• To provide advice, guidance and support to enable schools to meet their safeguarding and child protection responsibilities in line with relevant legislation, national statutory guidance from the Department of Education and Ofsted and recognised good practice.
• To act as a bridge between safeguarding, schools and education services within the Local Authority and the wider network including the interface with the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board and local safeguarding partnerships in the two Local Authorities.
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.