Health and Safety for Schools in The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
Health and Safety law requires that all employers appoint someone competent to help them meet their health and safety duties
The Shared Legal Services provide legal advice to internal departments within the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster City Council. We are able to provide legal advice to maintained schools and academies across the Bi-borough.
We have a number of dedicated legal teams within our services to assist you. Our teams of knowledgeable and experienced Local Authority Solicitors can assist you with enquiries such as contracts and procurement enquiries, property, some education enquiries (to include establishing and/or closing schools, exclusion appeals, governance queries), as well as employment advice. We also provide litigation advice if issues arise with parental disputes in schools.
In addition, we have a very experienced team of legal staff who deal with Children and Adult Social Care related legal issues.
Early Help - Kensington and Chelsea
Early Help has delivered support to families in the borough for a number of years. Ofsted described the Early Help service as ‘exemplary’ as part of the wider Ofsted inspection that rated Kensington and Chelsea's Children’s Services as Outstanding in 2017. Our practitioners are trained in evidence-based Systemic Family Therapy, have access to ongoing training for supporting change in families and are fully integrated into the wider Children’s Services network in the borough.
As such our practitioners have excellent local knowledge, great partnership working with local services, full access to social work case files so they are able to understand the history and context of families if they have been known to Children’s Services in the past. This means we are in an excellent position to offer children and families coordinated support to ensure improvement in outcomes for the family.
Working in partnership to achieve the best outcomes for children and young people.
Early Help - Westminster
Westminster’s Family Services Department is rated outstanding by OFSTED.
Our traded services can offer you:
• A bespoke and flexible early help service tailored to meet the needs of your school, or cluster, with staff able to advise about risk management, support the implementation of your whole school approach to attendance and provide home school support to list a few.
• Traded services will link seamlessly with the core offer and ensure access to our family services database.
• Innovative change work with families using our systemic approach. All staff will have undertaken or be undertaking Year 1 of an accredited Family Therapy training so the service will be delivered by a systemically trained member of staff who will be supervised within the Early Help Service.
• Staff are well supervised within an agreed Bi-borough framework, which ensures that safeguarding a child’s welfare is always paramount.
• Staff have a good knowledge of and links to local services including those in neighbouring boroughs and access to a wide range of Bi-Borough expertise and resources.
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.